Our Y Youth Programs for the Fall of 2020 have been adjusted to meet the need of our Island Community while moving forward during a worldwide pandemic.
We will be offering both Afterschool Program and a full day virtual learning support & supervision program called Kindness Academy. Please read through the details of our programing below and contact us with any questions.
The Y of MV is here to strengthen our community always; we hope to continue to serve our families by meeting childcare needs and keeping our kiddos safe and happy. We will provide programing to inspire academic success, healthy movement, and social and emotional development. We believe our kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. It makes for confident kids today & contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.clique aqui para a tradução em português
Kindergarten - 4th grade
Monday - Thursday | 2:00 - 5:00pm
At this time, we are offering registration for a 4-day commitment, Monday - Thursday; certain days cannot be selected in order to keep a consistent group of children together.
Members: $84, Public: $96 (per 4 day week)
- UPDATE!! Bussing is now available from school to the Y. Please contact your child's teacher about taking the bus to the Y once you are registered in the program!
- Snack will be provided by the Y in the afternoon.
- For this age group we will be providing Friday full day virtual learning support & supervision, please see information for Fridays in Kindness Academy.
- Completion of the Daily Health & Exposure Attestation online form is required each day for your child to participate in the program.
The Y will provide a qualified team to assist and supervise your child during the days of virtual learning. We will request a copy of your child's school timetable and login information for virtual support programs that the school is using for virtual learning. It's your child's responsibility to complete work in a timely manner, being supervised and supported as needed by team Y. Whenever there are breaks in your child's schedule, the Y will provide outdoor time and movement intervals.
Monday - Thursday | 5th - 8th grade, Friday | Kindergarten - 4th grade
Monday - Thursday | 8 am - 4 pm, Friday | 8:30 am - 4pm
Monday - Thursday | Currently, we are only offering enrollment for 4 days a week.
Members: $160, Public: $172 (for 4 days a week)
Friday: Members: $40, Public: $43
- Transportation to and from the Y is the responsibility of the parents/ guardians.
- Free school lunch and morning snack will be provided. Lunches will be delivered daily for Kindness Academy students.
- Please bring: Backpack, laptop / tablet, headphones, water bottle, snacks from home (if you choose), a mask to wear and another as backup. Label all items with your child's name.
- Completing of the Daily Health and Exposure Attestation is required every days for your child to participate in the program.
We have a calendar of activities that encourage creativity and provide new experiences that teach important lessons about community, character building, nutrition, and much more.
Please note that due to restrictions by our licensing agency, the EEC (MA Department of Early Education & Care), we are currently unable to offer any off property field trips or bring in specialist. We will keep our program families updated on changes to the regulations if/when they occur. Our curriculum incorporates activities that teach children about the world around us, including learning about helping out and giving back.
Please note for the 2020/2021 school year these activities and where they take place will be adjusted to meet current health & safety regulations released by our licensing agency the EEC and the MA Department of Public Health. Fun physical challenges and large motor and team building activities, keep students fit and healthy each day, setting them on a path to: developing healthy habits for life, reducing anxiety and stress, boosting self-esteem. Children participate in physical fitness activities each day, including swimming, basketball, large group games, yoga, zumba, and more!
— Ava, age 8 —
— Martina, age 8 —
— Stella, Age 8 —
After School Program Director
email@example.com | 508-696-7171 ext. 117