The Child Watch program is a drop-in babysitting service for members to use while utilizing the facility available for children ages 6 months to 12 years.
The Child Watch room is offered at no cost to members* with an hour and a half usage limit per day.
*Child Watch is not included on a day or week pass.
Closed Friday nights
Child Watch Orientation
Children 6 months to 1 year: 1st visit – 30 minutes
Children 1 year – 4 years: 1st visit – 45 minutes
Children 4 years – 10 years: 1st visit – 60 minutes
In all cases, subsequent visits will increase by 15 minute increments provided the child is capable.
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Brewer, Child Watch Coordinator at
(508) 696 7171 x114
Child Watch Room Guidelines
The following guidelines have been established to provide a safe, happy and healthy environment for all children.
- The Child Watch Room is available to children 6 months through 12 years of age
- There is a 1.5 hour time limit
- All children must be signed in and out by parents/guardians.
- All children are required to wear an ID bracelet the entire time this service is being used. Parents/guardians will need their own membership ID or photo ID to drop-off and pick-up children. ID bracelets will be checked and removed by staff ONLY.
- Parents/guardians are not allowed to leave the YMCA premises while using this service.
- The Child Watch Room is a “water only” area. No food or drinks will be allowed.
- Please bring infants in their infant seats and label all pacifiers, car seats, etc. with the child’s and parent’s name.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of children in the room to ensure that our child/staff ratio remains within safe limits.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for toileting/diapering children. Please come to the Child Watch room promptly if such attention is needed.
- This is a “well child” area. Any child who does not appear to be healthy will not be admitted.
- When a parent/guardian is needed, it is expected that they will respond quickly.
- Parents/guardians will be contacted if their child has been crying or visibly upset for 15 minutes. If a child is having behavioral problems, the parent/guardian will be contacted. For the protection of all children, inappropriate or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated and service will be discontinued.
- Personal items from home are discouraged.