SOAR After School Enrichment Program (Grades K-5)
Tara Dinkel, Program Coordinator
508 696 7171 x117
Click below for:
- 2014-15 After-School Program Flyer
- 2014-15 Enrollment Packet
- 2014-15 After School Family Handbook and Healthcare Policy
- Vacation Program Enrollment Form (Required for all non-ASP participants)
Session I: September 4 – December 19
Session II: January 5 – April 17
Session III: April 27 – June 19
No program on: November 27 & 28, December 22-January 2, May 25
*Kindergarten Orientation Week:
Is your child starting Kindergarten? For our new Kindergarteners, we’re offering a half day program for the second week of school!
Dates: September 8-12 Hours: after school-6:00pm.
*commitment to After-School Program required.
Fee per Day: Member $37; Non-member $42
Our exciting new after school program offers new curriculum focused on:
Academic enrichment and
Specifically for children in Kindergarten through fifth grade, our program provides developmentally appropriate activities that encourage not just learning, but also the love of learning.
- Licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care
- Open Monday through Friday from school dismissal until 6pm
- Grades K-5 from all Island schools, homeschoolers welcome
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 day options
- Homework time
- Transportation from schools to the Y (Oak Bluffs, Edgartown, West Tisbury, Tisbury & Charter)
- Monthly themed curriculum with guest presenters and activities
- Healthy daily snacks, created in collaboration with Vineyard Nutrition
- Financial assistance available & third party subsidies accepted
Program Hours: Mondays – Fridays, end of school to 6:00 pm*
Two, three, four and five day enrollment options available.
Thematic Curriculum, Gardening, Open Swim, Arts & Crafts, Cooking activities, Role-playing activities, Outdoor play, Story time, Games, Science & Nature, Movement classes, Sports, Homework support
When school is out, the Y is in! Our staff have a fun-filled day planned for your child, with swimming, sports, arts and crafts, and field trips. Open to all students in grades K-5, enrollment in the After-School Program not required. Separate registration from After-School Program is required. Please send your child with a bagged lunch, bathing suit and towel. Snack provided. Half and full day programs are run in conjunction with the school calendar. *minimum enrollment must be met in order for vacation program to run. Separate registration required.
Hours: Half day 12:30-6:00pm ; Full day 8:30am-5:30pm.
Half Day Programs:
Thurs, October 23
Mon, October 27
Wed, October 29
Wed, Nov 26 (8:30-12:30)*
Full Day Programs:
8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Winter Vacation Camp: February 23-27, 8:30am-5:30pm
This program is designed to provide working parents with quality childcare during school break weeks. Field trips, swimming, ice-skating, arts & crafts and more!
Fees: Member $250, Non-Member $300
Spring Vacation Camp: April 20-24