Stars + Stripes Festival
SAVE THE DATE:
5th Annual Stars + Stripes Festival
Friday, July 3rd – Saturday, July 4th 2015
VIP events and the show will be held Thursday, July 2nd until Saturday, July 4th
Check out these clips from our 2014 Stars + Stripes Festival!
2014 STARS + STRIPES FESTIVAL
This year we were blessed with three amazing headliners, each worthy of topping the marquee in their own right. First up on stage was Neon Gold’s newest golden girl Charli XCX, who has currently got the number one song in the country, sitting pretty atop the Hot 100 with Iggy Azalea on their worldwide hit single “Fancy.”
Then our very own Lizzy Plapinger and her band MS MR took the stage, riding high on the success of their alternative radio smash, “Hurricane”, fresh off performances on some of the world’s biggest stages at Lollapalooza, Coachella, Glastonbury and many more in the past year.
Bookending the night were two more acts close to our hearts, as Great Caesar started things off early, and Stars + Stripes alumni The Knocks closed out the night with their party-starting disco vibes.
Furthering the YMCA’s impact on Island youth, three local teens were given the opportunity of a lifetime to share a bill with their heroes. Three Island teens from Alex’s Place, MVRHS freshmen Kasey Stevenson and Tessa Whitaker, and Liam Weiland opened the night with their stellar performances. Alex’s Place currently engages 400 teens annually, over 50% of whom are non-Y members able to attend thanks to the generous support of our sponsors.
“We are so grateful for the joy and relationships that the Island’s afforded us, from our summer’s growing up on the island to the present day, and we feel lucky and honored to find ourselves in a position to support the community through a celebration of our passion for music. By raising much needed funds for the YMCA of Martha’s Vineyard that does so much for the local year round population, we hope to take steps towards giving back to the Island that’s given us so much and hope you’ll join us in this pursuit.”
~ Stars + Stripes Festival founders Derek Davies and Lizzy Plapinger
To become a Stars + Stripes Sponsor,
- Make your donation in one of the amounts below by clicking the “Make a Donation” link, or
- Mail your donation to: YMCA of Martha’s Vineyard, Attn: Financial Development, 111R Edgartown Vineyard Haven Road, Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
- RSVP by completing this VIP Sponsor Survey at: www.surveymonkey.com/s/MY2JJPF
STARS + STRIPES STRONG FAMILIES FUND
Shouldn’t their best memories include you?
BEYOND GOLD SPONSOR
$15,000 Grants 30 deserving families year-long Y memberships and vital support services like After School care, Learn to Swim lessons, Swim Team, and Teen Center. This is our most exclusive and exciting sponsorship opportunity. In addition to the Stars + Stripes Sponsor benefits below, you will receive:
- Framed Stars + Stripes poster signed by all the artists
- Signed MS MR Album
- Dinner at the Beach Plum Inn and Food for two
- 4 additional VIP Stars + Stripes passes with access to VIP area
$10,000 Grants over 20 children a chance to make life-long friends and memories for 3 weeks at Y Camp Terra Mare. In addition to the Stars + Stripes Sponsor benefits below, you will receive:
- Signed MS MR Album
- Stars + Stripes poster signed by all the artists
- 2 additional VIP Stars + Stripes passes with access to VIP area
$5,000 Grants 10 deserving families of all abilities to participate in the free year-round Special Olympics program, instilling confidence, team spirit and freedom in the water. You will receive the Stars + Stripes Sponsor benefits below and:
- PROVIDE GRANTS TO MORE ISLAND FAMILIES!
$2,500 Grants a day of safe and healthy activities for over 200 Island families annually at Healthy Kids Day. You will receive the Stars + Stripes Sponsor benefits below and:
- PROVIDE GRANTS TO MORE ISLAND FAMILIES!
$1,000 Grants 3 youth and teens group training and wellness sessions to help promote healthy and positive lifestyles. You will receive the Stars + Stripes Sponsor benefits below.
STARS + STRIPES 2014 SPONSOR BENEFITS
- Recognition on the Y Stars + Stripes website by sponsorship level
- Prominently featured on the Y Donor Board as Stars + Stripes Strong Families Fund donor
- Invitation to VIP and Band appreciation pre-party BBQ on Wednesday evening, July 3rd at THE HOME OF JACK DAVIES AND KAY KENDALL in Chilmark, with our headliner and local favorite Lizzy Plapinger and Max Hershenow of MSMR, and the Stars + Stripes team
- VIP Package including:
- 4 VIP Stars + Stripes passes with access to VIP area with complimentary drinks and Flatbread organic pizza and salad for the first 45 minutes
- 4 official Stars + Stripes T-shirts or Tanks
- Island treats
- Tax deductible donation minus the value of the goods received
- Annual Y donors are listed in the Annual Report, Donor Boards and featured in donor relations pieces with supporter stories in Y newsletters
Last year, over 150 families benefited from the Stars + Stripes Strong Families Fund, representing over 300 Islanders. This year, we are determined to raise more money to help even more families on the Island. All sponsorship monies will go into the Stars + Stripes Strong Families Fund, which will provide Y FOR ALL Financial Assistance and Community Outreach to deserving families for vital Y membership and programs, such as Child Watch, After School care, Learn to Swim lessons, Summer Camp, and Competitive Swim team participation. Each donor will receive a personal Thank You from a Stars + Stripes beneficiary, as well as a number of other sponsorship benefits detailed below.
We hope you and your family will join us as an official Stars + Stripes Sponsor for a truly memorable experience while providing another family with one as well. Please consider a donation at one of the following sponsorship levels. Every donation matters.
Stars + Stripes is a great way to get your feet wet with making an impact.
To dive all the way in to the Y and find out how you can make a more substantial contribution, please visit www.ymcamv.org/support/endowment-challenge or contact the YMCA at (508) 696-7171 ext. 107 or via email at email@example.com.